Why we like it
• It is a small but elegant Hotel. It exerts a very special charm, teeming with intangible suggestions and reminiscences of times past. Those of a noble holidaymaking residence in Art Nouveau style.
• It is nestled in nature: you are surrounded by a profusion of trees and flowers, calm and nature. But just a few minutes beyond the gates lies the beach, or the shopping district with lots of top designer shops, and a short stroll brings you to the hippest bars and restaurants in Forte dei Marmi;
• You feel right at home from the instant you arrive. Every detail is perfect. Impeccable service and oodles of comfort. Your every wish is catered for and your stay becomes a dream come true;
• Enjoying a romantic supper to satisfy the most discerning diners in the award-winning restaurant. Loafing by the pool after a hard day at the beach trying the many activities. The sea breeze caresses your skin and carries the aromas of the Mediterranean vegetation. Outside, in the distance, the lights and throb of the nightlife.
Today, it is a sophisticated 5-star luxury Hotel located in the greenest and most exclusive part of Forte dei Marmi, on the seafront in Versilia. Opened in June 1990 after extensive refurbishment, the hotel arose from the unification of two Art Nouveau-style villas, the larger and older of which was commissioned by the Dukes Canevaro di Zoagli between 1899 and 1902. A favourite haunt of the aristocracy that gravitated around the House of Savoy, the villas were later converted into a hotel, keeping their original characteristics. The stylish interior furnishings were meticulously chosen by the owners. There is a welcoming atmosphere, large, bright communal areas, and Art Nouveau finishing touches throughout: green and yellow stained glass panels, floral chandeliers, and bow windows. Accessories and fabrics of more contemporary tastes are also found in the rooms. Hotel Byron oozes cosmopolitan charm and expresses an unconventional spirit, as it always has done; it is a cosy bolthole, dedicated to family holidays, and perfect for surrounding yourself with friends and lovers of le beau monde.
Executive Chef : Cristoforo Trapani
Restaurant: La Magnolia - One Michelin star
The Restaurant set apart from the central structure, with indoor and poolside service in summer, it is ideal for sampling the finest regional and international cuisine, home-made bread and pasta, the freshest fish, and pastries, all accompanied by an impressive wine list.
Rooms and Equipment
- 29 rooms and suites looking onto the beach or the Apuan Alps, each with its own style. Warm colours and parquet floors, marble bathrooms with shower or bath;
- “La Magnolia” Restaurant;
- Indoor American bar;
- Meeting rooms - 2 rooms to choose from: “Veranda” meeting room - capacity: 35 people with theatre seating arrangement. With horseshoe seating max. 25 people: “Byron” meeting room - capacity: 15 people with theatre seating arrangement. With horseshoe seating 10 people;
- Tennis courts 200 metres away;
- Horse riding: 2 km away, in the large Versiliana Park
- Versilia Golf 18-hole course four km away;
Art cities: Pisa 36 km; Lucca 25 km; Florence 114 km; San Gimignano 150 km; Siena 180 km;
By boat (in summer): 5 Terre, Portofino, Capraia, Elba