Why we like it
- The ceilings, frescoed with vivid and intense colours, bring you back in time to Renaissance Florence.
- There is a touch of magic in strolling through the enchanting garden among centuries-old trees and rare and endangered botanical species, along interweaving pathways that lead you to discover unique statues, fountains, pools and a little Ionic temple.
- The bathrooms in the suites are immense, entirely in marble, light and airy and facing the garden. Large inviting bathtubs tempt you to surrender to leisure immersed in the privacy of your own Salle de Bain.
The Four Seasons Hotel Florence is incontestably one of those hotels that you simply must try, at least once in a lifetime. A luxurious urban resort that has more than 500 years of history, converted from the magnificent Palazzo della Gherardesca. It stands in a unique setting, the biggest private botanical gardens in Florence, which extend over an area of 35,000 square metres and unite the Palazzo with a 16th-century convent. These days, the two historical edifices, equipped with all the most modern comforts, contain the bedrooms, the suites and the public areas. Huge French windows open on to the garden illuminating the interiors with the warm light of the sun. Prized fabrics, original brightly coloured frescoes, sophisticated style. The atmosphere is almost surreal; it is as though history was present. A refined mood and first-class service characterize this hotel – just like every Four Seasons hotel and resort.
Rooms and Equipment
- 116 in total, including 72 rooms of various types and 44 suites.
- Il Palagio Restaurant, which has received a Michelin star. Vaulted ceilings, elegant furnishings, a fine view over the grounds, and a terrace for open-air dining.
- La Magnolia, serving breakfast to the guests staying at the Conventino.
- Trattoria Al Fresco, immersed in the garden and open during the summer season.
- Winery, intriguing menus for sampling in combination with the impressive wine list that offers more than 400 labels.
- Atrium Lounge, situated in Palazzo della Gherardesca, with evening piano bar.
- Outdoor swimming pool in the garden (open in summer, weather permitting).
- Heated Jacuzzi beside the pool open all year round.
- Yoga lessons.
- Wellness centre: almost 800 m2, 10 cabins and a Spa Suite.
- Children’s entertainment programme.