Why we like it
- It is one of the most exclusive and cherished destinations for lovers of health spas and of physical and mental wellness;
- Its multi-award-winning Spa, which truly is one of the most beautiful in the world. The benefits deriving from a dip in the warm spring waters of the pool and the treatments are a tonic for your mind and body;
- Its fabulous setting: the splendour of the boundless Tuscan countryside and the surrounding peace and harmony enveloping everything inspire you to take possession of yourself and find inner peace;
- Spend the morning playing on one of the most challenging and prestigious golf courses in Italy and then relax in silence, stretched out by the pool immersed in the lush grounds. Listen to the song of the birds as you sip a delicious cocktail from the Juice Bar;
- The sensations you get from dinner in the award-winning All’Acquacotta restaurant: an unmissable gourmet experience that completes the sense of wellbeing and pleasure of your stay;
- Dive into a place outside time, far from crowds and stress. The warm water cosseting your body, the genuine food, and nature in its most authentic glory. The body becomes light and the spirit is freed.
Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort is located in the heart of the Tuscan Maremma, in the shadow of the medieval village of Saturnia in the province of Grosseto. The properties of its waters were known and appreciated by the Etruscans. Nowadays, the Resort is recognized as one of the most exclusive and renowned spa and wellness centres, and for having an impressive 18-hole golf course. Terme di Saturnia Spa & Golf Resort is not merely a marvellous experience of hospitality and wellbeing: every activity and every detail here are the expression of a way of being and of living conceived in accordance with the "philosophy of the habitat". In harmony with the natural and architectural setting of the surroundings, the Resort was converted from an ancient building in travertine. The colours are the natural hues of wood and travertine, and they harmonize the linearity of the contemporary style with Tuscan tradition. The 128 rooms, divided into various types, the common areas, the restaurants and the bars all interpret the philosophy of the 5-star hotel, which is based on the continuous quest for harmony with the surrounding environment, and is expressed through the choice of the flooring and the lighting, and the colours of the fabrics and fixtures, creating a general sense of wellbeing and fostering an atmosphere of total multisensory pleasure. This quest for harmony inspired the architects of the Parisotto & Formenton firm, who conceived an elegant restyling of the pathway that separates the Reception from the area dedicated to therapies and treatments. The jewels in the crown of the Resort are the golf course designed by the architect Ronald Fream from the renowned Californian firm Golfplan, which covers 70 hectares and is a championship 18-hole, par 72, 6316-metre course that was elected "Best new Italian course" in 2008, and the SPA. Flooded with natural light and made welcoming by the use of prized materials such as travertine, it is a combination of elegance, comfort, relaxation and medical expertise at the service of total wellbeing. The Roman Bath, through which you can access the spa pool directly, is a special area that recreates the atmosphere of the ancient Roman baths. An elegant and picturesque setting lined with travertine, illuminated by a large skylight. The Roman ritual begins with a Turkish bath, then continues with whatever type of shower suits your mood: toning, with orange light, enveloping with misted water, or relaxing with blue light. After your shower, you are ready for a steam bath and a bio-sauna, to regenerate your body and spirit.
Rooms and Equipment
Terme di Saturnia’s range of 128 elegantly appointed rooms, in details 2 Grand Suites, 11 Executive Rooms, 60 De Luxe Rooms, 21 Superior and Comfort Rooms.
Each one has been designed to create a harmonious habitat for mind and body, expressed in thoughtfully selected flooring, atmospheric lighting, and the warm tones of the fabrics and finishing, creating an ambience of total well-being. All rooms feature air conditioning, mini-bar, telephone, television, satellite TV
- Restaurant “All’Acquacotta” (1 Michelin Star) – Wide and rich gourmet proposal. This restaurant serves the Grande Carte where the Chef’s Alessandro Bocci masterful menus are a wholehearted testament to the importance of incorporating the enjoyment of food into the journey to complete wellbeing;
- Restaurant “Aqualuce”: embraces the gastronomic tradition of the region, serving exceptional Tuscan fare bursting with strong, authentic flavours, together with a mouth-watering range of creative and beautifully presented international dishes;
- Spring Bar and lounge - offers a range of creative cocktails made from the freshest fruits and vegetables;
- Juice Bar;
- Spa Cafe;
- Boutique Cruciani;
- SPA: The 54-treatment room, state-of-the-art SPA at Terme di Saturnia focuses on improving guests’ wellbeing through the five equally fundamental and integral elements of hydrotherapy, fitness, beauty, stress management and nutrition. A comprehensive medical spa offers a series of aesthetic therapies and innovative, personalised wellbeing programmes;
- Thermal pool: Terme di Saturnia’s Thermal Pool Park comprises four thermal pools, a Jacuzzi, warm and cold vascular courses, waterfalls and waterways heated by the hot spring water at a constant temperature of 37° C all year round, a rich thermal spring, whose waters cascade at a rate of 500 litres per second;
- Roman Bath: Recalling the thermal bathing rituals of ancient Rome, the resort’s Roman Bath, lined in Italian travertine stone, includes a plunge pool, showers with orange and blue mood lights, a steam bath and bio-sauna;
- Golf: Terme di Saturnia’s golf course an ideal year-round golf destination. Terme di Saturnia’s environmentally-friendly course is located just 100 metres from the hotel and is set over 70 hectares of Tuscan terrain, gently undulating with ascending and descending fairways. The 18-hole, par 72, 6,316 metre course features a pitching and putting green and driving range with video camera facilities and high-tech analysis equipment for swing correction;
- Terme di Saturnia Golf Club has been GEOCertified™ in April 2014 by the Golf Environment Organization the symbol of great golf environments worldwide – designating that a golf facility has met a credible standard in the areas of nature, water, energy, supply chain, pollution control, and community, and is committed to continually improve. GEO Certified™ is widely trusted and endorsed by a growing number of organizations and people, both inside and outside golf;
- Spa Shop;
- Hairstyling by Terme di Saturnia;
- Meeting: up to 250 people for conferences, seminars and meetings can be accommodated in the state-of-the-art, soundproofed meeting hall, which can be converted into three separate rooms;
- Fitness: The gym room is very well equipped with most advanced machines for daily workout. Pilates is also available for guests upon request;
- Full-size, flood-lit tennis court (tennis lessons available on request);
- Excursions and guided tours to surrounding region;
- Free Wireless internet;
- Golf Driving Range;
- Mountain Bike;
- On-site parking.