Why we like it
- It is set in 16,000 square metres of verdant subtropical grounds that are always in bloom where you can take a refreshing break during the hottest hours of the torrid summer days, or enjoy relaxing walks.
- It has a splendid view of the sea and is just a stroll from the beaches and the downtown area with the Casino and the boutiques.
- It has a gorgeous heated seawater pool, designed by Giò Ponti.
- It has always been the most important meeting place and it is where Italian and international celebrities choose to stay during the Sanremo Music Festival.
- It lies only a half-hour’s drive away from glittering Monte Carlo.
- Jackets are required in the evening all year round.
- From the end of May to the end of August, open only in the evenings.
- For a light lunch break, from the end of May to the end of August.
- The Corallina Pool-Bar serves snacks and informal lunches, with an à la carte menu, ample buffet, grilled fish and meat (April-October); open in the evenings from mid-June to the end of August with a special children’s menu and pizzeria service in July and August.
It is a privileged base from which to visit the Old Town of Sanremo, set off on excursions to the nearby Côte d'Azur, or tour the inland parts of Liguria, with its ancient hamlets nestled among olive groves and vineyards. Opened in 1872, it immediately became the favourite haunt of the aristocracy, members of the world of finance and the European élite. And still today, thanks to its chic and somewhat retro atmosphere that has been cleverly adapted in a contemporary style, it is the preferred destination of the most exacting globetrotters. The perfect synthesis of past and present, an oasis where luxury is enhanced by tranquillity and intimacy. Refinement and comfort merge with warm hospitality and attentive and personal service. In a marvellous setting.
Rooms and Equipment
- 126 rooms and suites.
- The Imperatrice Suite.
- 5 convention halls seating from 15 up to 250 people.
- Royal Wellness: fitness area, tennis court, miniature golf. The 18-hole “Circolo Golf degli Ulivi” is only 5 km away. - Fiori di Murano Restaurant overlooking the grounds and the sea and offering an à la carte menu.
- Il Giardino Restaurant for candle-lit gourmet dinners on the terrace.
- Bar delle Rose for salad service.
- The Corallina Pool-Bar serving snacks and informal lunches.
- Gazebo dell’Amore for celebrating a special occasion in the intimacy of the grounds, from June to September, upon request. - 6 meeting halls seating from 8 to 300 people.
- “e’SPAce” wellness centre.
- Nearby: Yacht Club, 18-hole Circolo Golf degli Ulivi, riding stables.