Why we like it
- Staying in one of its majestic suites offers enchanting and evocative views of Piazza della Repubblica, Giotto's bell tower and Brunelleschi's Dome, at close distance.
- The central location privileges all the activities: elegant shopping, visiting the main museums and attractions of the city, walks along the Arno and Ponte Vecchio.
- The tables of the Bar and Restaurant directly overlook Piazza della Repubblica. A privileged position from which, at any time of day or evening, you can enjoy a cappuccino, an aperitif and a romantic candlelit dinner, in the typical Florentine atmosphere
Hotel Savoy, built in the 1893, is located on Piazza della Repubblica in the heart of Florence’s city centre, between the Brunelleschi’s Dome and the charming Ponte Vecchio. Each of the 80 rooms and suites have been designed to enhance the Hotel’s timeless elegance and to create a predominantly Italian feel, mirroring the essence of Rocco Forte. They have a style merging Florence’s history, culture, fashion, Florentine crafts tradition and combine centuries-long heritage with high and contemporary design. The Grand View suites and the new impressive Duomo Presidential suite - that occupies its own wing with splendid views of stunning Dome - are exclusive retreats from the bustling city and are the ideal settings to relax and be pampered. Furthermore, on the 5th floor lies the unique two-story Panoramic suite with breathtaking view of the roof tops of Florence. Irene restaurant & bar, designed by Olga Polizzi is inspired by a 50’s retro-chic Florentine Bistro. The dishes, created by Celebrity Chef Fulvio Pierangelini recall the rich and traditional Tuscan cuisine made with local and seasonal fresh ingredients. The fluid and mostly white space of the entrance and the Lobby are punctuated with colourful art and design elements, adding a sense of grandeur and glamour to the space.
Head Chef: Giovanni Cosmai
Giovanni Cosmai was born in Bisceglie (Bari). He started working in kitchen since he was young, following the footsteps of his father Chef. Later, at an apprenticeship in England at the Teca Restaurant at the court of Gualtiero Marchesi, he moved to Nobu and to Fusion Spoon Restaurant to learn the art of oriental cuisine, then to England, at the Hotel The Ritz in London. Back in Italy, he worked in San Cassiano and Rome at the Hotel de Russie, until the Chef Fulvio Pierangelini, deus ex machina of Rocco Forte Hotels, wanted him as Head Chef in the kitchen of the Hotel Savoy, in Florence.
A celebration of Italian cuisine and regional ingredients, Irene brings Fulvio Pierangelini’s authentic dishes to the heart of Tuscany, mere steps from the Renaissance majesty of Florence’s famous Duomo. Glamorous and inviting, Irene’s dining room is the ideal place to refresh and recharge during your time in Florence. Taste truffles in all their heady, perfumed glory, a few miles from where they’ve been foraged. Wind your fork around al dente spaghetti, sublimely tangled with fresh, local tomatoes softened and married with fragrant basil. Indulge in organic beef, or freshly-caught seafood, grilled on Himalayan Salt Stone.
Rooms and Equipment
- 80 rooms of different categories, including 30 suites.
- Restaurant & Bar - indoor and outdoor tables are available overlooking Piazza della Repubblica. Sophisticated menu with Tuscan and international cuisine
- Free Wi-Fi in every room
- New fully equipped gym with Technogym machines