Why we like it
- It occupies a truly special position, right beside the Teatro Greco, which can be accessed through a private entrance.
- The Presidential Suite gives movie star thrills. From the immense terrace with Gazebo and Jacuzzi, the view of the bay is breath-taking.
- It has always been one of the favourite destinations of famous people: Sofia Loren and Audrey Hepburn, Marcello Mastroianni and Liz Taylor stayed in the past. Today it houses movie stars, intellectuals and royalty from all over the world.
- Relax beside the panoramic pool immersed in the lush greenery of the grounds, sipping a drink, in the celebrated "Terrazza Letteraria".
- It has a gorgeous lodge, Villa Flora, situated only 50 metres from the main building, which guarantees absolute privacy.
Its position is one of absolute privilege: surrounded by 6 acres of beautiful grounds, behind it stands the Greek Theatre with Etna in the background. It was originally a colonial manor; then, in 1863, when Taormina had become a favourite haunt of aristocratic celebrities, artists and travellers, it hung a sign outside saying “Hotel Timeo” and, as if by chance, opened its doors to foreigners arriving from the mainland. The owner was decidedly eccentric, but displayed shrewdness in the choice of the right name: Timeo, like the historical Grecian who was the first to suggest the possibility of dating events in chronological succession, locating a related reference system inside. This Hotel’s style is a paean to Sicilian tradition: the opulence of Sicilian Baroque and the refinement and elegance of the furnishings combined with canny light-play are the setting of comfortable ambiences for enjoying perfect tranquillity and reliving the magnificence of aristocratic Sicily at the start of the 1900s. You feel it as soon as you cross the threshold into the magnificent hall, benevolently safeguarded by the Academy of Fine Arts. Everywhere in the communal areas and bedrooms there are balconies overlooking the coast and the Bay of Naxos.
Taormina Film Festival.
Rooms and Equipment
- 70, counting rooms and suites: furnished stylishly and elegantly in accordance with typically Italian flair. White, wood, marble and linen are the coordinates. Most have balconies and panoramic terraces.
- Gourmet restaurant offering regional specialities.
- Pool Snack Bar.
- The “Terrazza Letteraria” and the Bar.
- Wellness centre, with the possibility of massages and pampering outdoors, too.
- Kid’s Club. - Fitness Centre.
- Villa Sant'Andrea private beach.
- Exclusive boat trips showcasing the wonders of the coast.