Why we like it
- With its allure, its grounds and its villas, it has played an unparalleled role in the history of Forte dei Marmi and Versilia, of which it was the only Hotel De Luxe for more than 20 years.
- Its privacy protects you from the confusion outside and makes your villa holiday perfect and reassuring. For this reason cinema stars, luminaries of the arts and culture, and jet setters have flocked from all over the world to stay here. Some examples? Jimi Hendrix, Charlton Heston, Vittorio Gasmann and Oriana Fallaci.
- The Bambaissa Restaurant, with its veranda overlooking the sea, is one of the most glamorous and sophisticated places for organizing exclusive parties and candlelit suppers on the beach. And there’s more: all the restaurants in the resort focus on reinterpreting the gastronomic traditions of the territory in the excellent dishes they propose.
- The Day Spa treatments don’t just give your skin the best preparation for sunbathing, but are effective enough to get you in shape in only a weekend!
The hotel lies in a strategic district, somewhat secret and reserved, not far from the centre of the town and near the sea. It was established in 1953 when Villa Pesenti was converted into a hotel. This jewel of the modernist style was designed in '39 by the famous architect Osvaldo Bersani and was adored by the artistic and cultural elite that frequented the area. In the '60s, the resort annexed the more renowned Villa Costanza, with its Renaissance flavour. Edoardo Agnelli, son of the senator and founder of FIAT Giovanni Agnelli and the father of Gianni, purchased it in 1926 and the great family of Turin spent many a long holiday here for more than 30 years. Around the main structure, which is characterized by balconies used as proper outdoor salons, seven villas were then built in the large grounds. Their styles were eclectic, and they were designed by artists and architects for whom Lady Augusta was a patron. A gem of a pool set in the most verdant part of the garden and, in the late Sixties, La Nave (the Ship), a modern structure immersed in the pine grove that features long terraced walkways, complete the offer and make the entire context astonishing.
- The Ferragosto at Bambaissa party, the trendiest event of the summer in Forte. On the beach celebrating under the stars.
- The Dinner of Sant'Ermete, patron saint of Forte dei Marmi, on 28 August, when you can enjoy the fireworks illuminating the sea in comfort on the beach.
- The Puccini Summer shows in the open-air theatre in Torre del Lago Puccini.
- The art exhibitions in the Old Town of Pietrasanta.
Rooms and Equipment
- 7 Garden Villas: the privacy and convenience of a private residence with the services of a five-star hotel. All the apartments have a private garden or terrace, living room and kitchenette.All rooms have a private bathroom. The villas can be rented by the week.
- Augustus Lido Hotel: formerly Villa Agnelli. A charming dwelling with 26 rooms, furnished with the distinctive style chosen by the Agnellis and preserving the original decor. The three floors of the villa are distinguished by the colour schemes used: green, pink, azure...
- Augustus Hotel: two main structures, the central House (formerly Villa Pesenti) and the Ship.
- The new bathing facilities, with a heated seawater pool, more than 100 equipped tents, station for wellness treatments with the possibility of doing several water sports.
- Underpass to reach the beach without having to cross the road. Still today, it is the only one in all Versilia.
- 2 restaurants: Le Perroquet and Bambaissa. The latter, with a veranda over the sea, boasts one of the most sophisticated kitchens in Versilia. It is particularly suit able for exclusive parties and candlelit suppers on the beach. - Beautiful pool nestled in one of the most relaxing and luxuriant parts of the garden, under a large date palm. - Convention hall.
- "Le Canard" Lounge bar. Offering café service in the garden throughout the day, it livens up at night with special moments of live piano music and the bar’s excellent cocktails.
- Day & Medical Spa: water and skill are the foundations of the wellness trails you can choose from, in the cabins of the SPA nestled in the green heart of the grounds, on the beach, by the pool, in your room or your villa. A programme personalized to the guest’s individual requirements proposes treatments, massages, specialized check-ups and training sessions.
- In collaboration with the San Camillo nursing home, medical and skin-and-beauty consultancy with the possibility of having small cosmetic operations carried out in one day with no side effects.