Why we like it
- It is a gorgeous 16th-century fresco reflected in the Arno. Immersed in the peaceful Tuscan countryside, it is minutes away from Florence.
- It is the Tuscan alter ego of Villa d'Este, with which it shares an elite clientele, obviously, and the same concept of elegance and quality service.
- The four-poster beds and frescoed ceilings in the rooms let you dream like a princess. - Romantic dinners in Il Verrocchio restaurant on the terrace flush with the water with traditional specialities and superb Tuscan wines.
- A stroll along the river for a spot of bird watching – you might see a kingfisher– is the perfect opportunity to explore the aromatic herb garden, the Chef’s kitchen garden, and the new Iris Garden.
A dream, and a unique structure, miles away from any cliché. An architectural jewel from the time of the Medici family on the banks of the Arno, in the Chianti Region, and a quarter of an hour from the heart of Florence. Constructed in the sixteenth century as a country residence for an aristocratic Florentine family, four centuries later, in 1948, it was converted into a luxury hotel. In 1998 it became part of the Villa d'Este Group. The complex consists of three pale yellow and clay-pink edifices: La Villa Nobile, Il Mulino (15th century) and Il Villino, which have been refurbished and decorated maintaining the classical style of Tuscan Villas. A distinguishing feature of the dwelling: the atmosphere of a private residence. The same air that charms many celebrities – the clientele is obviously elite – and convinces them not only to stay here, in Candeli, but also to get married in the villa’s private chapel; as did David Bowie, for example. A Renaissance atmosphere, sober yet warm, reinterpreted according to a refined taste that is attentive to comfort. Four-poster beds, panelling, frescoed ceilings, wall hangings, and bathrooms in Iranian marble.
Rooms and Equipment
- 37 rooms.
- Il Villino, which includes the Presidential Suite and the new Parco Suite, can be rented in its entirety for a stay in absolute privacy.
- Il Verrocchio Restaurant with a terrace on the Arno, converted from the old mill.
- Mediceo Bar & Pool Bar.
- The 15th-century wine cellar is ideal for tasting sessions and private events.
- Outdoor heated swimming pool.
- Wellness treatments and fitness area.
- Private chapel for ceremonies.
- Chef’s kitchen garden and Iris Garden.
- Fitness trail along the Arno River. - Riding stables 5 km away.
- "Ugolino" Golf Club 10 km away.
- Tennis Club 500 m away (free to Hotel patrons), 16 clay and synthetic courts.
- Bicycles available.
- Private parking.
- Free shuttle from the Hotel to Ponte Vecchio.
- Limousine service.
- Special cultural and food-and-wine programmes.
- Lessons in cookery, yoga and painting upon request.