Why we like it
- It was one of the first Grand Hotels on the Liguria Riviera. Nowadays, the hospitality and the service offered are perfectly in keeping with the times. A contemporary welcome and charismatic charm from days gone by.
- You can relax strolling in the grounds among terraces planted with lavender and aromatic herbs, palm trees, maritime pines, camellias and oleanders, pittosporums and a hundred-year-old Lebanese cedar. In the background is the blue sea, and the original white wrought-iron seats still stand in the poolside arbour.
- Reading, drinking or simply lazing around as you take in the view stretching to the horizon. Here, you seem to have all the time in the world.
Opened in 1903, the hotel in Santa Margherita Ligure standing on the road that joins Rapallo with Portofino immediately became a landmark for an international and sophisticated clientele. This white Liberty-style edifice, right on the seaside, is visible from afar and, up close, it stuns for the refinement of its trompe l’oeil and floral decorations, painted using Leonardo Da Vinci’s “a fresco” technique and now carefully restored. You almost seem to be staying in a villa. The elegant style is at times retro, as in the hall decorated with stuccowork and frescoes, or in the rooms, with delicate pastel shades and dominant azures, greens and pink, restored stuccoes and wooden floors. And at times it is contemporary, in its colours and materials, as in e’SPAce, the Wellness Centre. All told, a harmonious combination.
The meeting of the Confindustria Young Industrialists.
Rooms and Equipment
- 84, counting rooms, suites and junior suites, with balconies facing the Gulf of Tigullio or the Mediterranean grounds.
- Les Bougainvillées Restaurant.
- Vistamare Summer Restaurant.
- “Le Colonne” American Bar on the terrace.
- “Barracuda” Piano Bar.
- “Summertime” Pool Bar.
- Pool with heated seawater.
- e’SPAce Wellness Centre.
- Mini Club.
- Convention Centre with seven halls. Max. capacity: 380 people.