Why we like it
- Its location is unique, a stone’s throw from the most romantic and famous stairway in the world, the Spanish Steps connecting Piazza Trinità dei Monti with Piazza Spagna below, and the even more romantic Pincio Gardens. A perfect position for starting some shopping, or strolling out to discover the masterpieces of the Eternal City.
- The Penthouse Suite no. 840, with a white marble fireplace and Bernstein grand piano... Woody Allen filmed To Rome With Love here. Marvellous for a break or for holding parties, events and private dinners... In perfect Dolce Vita style!
- The Palazzo, a historic edifice from the 1600s, can lay claim to being the only hotel in Rome with balconies and terraces. Authentic hanging gardens are ablaze with flowering bougainvillea, scented jasmine and lemon trees.
- The fitness area on the 1st floor is accessible 24 hours a day.
- Hollywood stars, writers and cosmopolitan travellers have elected it their Roman home away from home on account of its charming atmosphere, discretion and efficient service.
The historic Neoclassical palace from the 16th century, designed by the Hungarian architect Jozsef Vago, has been one of the most prestigious hotels in Rome since 1924. The square-plan outlay of the old monastery from which it was converted can still be seen in the large internal courtyard, named ‘La Piazzetta’, overlooked by most of the rooms, which are all different to each other. Neoclassical elements with traces of Renaissance motifs personalize its style. The furnishings are refined and imposing, as are the fabrics with their warm and welcoming hues. De La Ville is an icon of elegance and modern hospitality.
Rooms and Equipment
- 192 rooms, including 23 suites.
- 4 meeting rooms covering more than 300 square metres in total.
- Sala Alessandra and Sala Rotonda, characterized by the majestic classical architecture of the surroundings. Illuminated by natural light, they open on to the hotel’s terrace-garden and are ideal for hosting high-profile events.
- Bistrot Restaurant in the Piazzetta.
- Café de La Ville in the Lobby lounge beside the hall.
- Terrazza degli Imperatori on the 6th floor with an incredible view over the monuments of Rome. - Fitness area.