Why we like it
Known as “la Casaccia”, in the 15th century it was the country manor of noble Florentine families, including the Alighieri family, and in the 1800s it became an art workshop for the Macchiaioli painters. In 2013, after meticulous refurbishment and conservation work, Ville sull’Arno became a 5-star boutique hotel, located on the banks of the Arno,Read more
- It enjoys a truly privileged position, letting you discover the masterpieces of Florence, go shopping or head for an ice cream in the city, and then take shelter in a peaceful Buen Retiro just minutes from the centre. Unique luxury!
- Whether you have an artist’s soul or not, it is wonderful to be able to stay in rooms and suites with welcoming furnishings that make you feel perfectly at home; The al fresco restaurant overlooking the Arno exudes irresistible charm at night. Candlelit suppers surrounded by the plants and flowers of the secret garden savouring delicious fare are the ideal way to end the evenings;
- Treat yourself to a massage in the conservatory, cocooned in a blaze of fragrances of nature. All the treatments proposed by the SPA guarantee utter relaxation and revitalize your body and mind.
- You can rent bicycles and organize fabulous excursions. On your return you can shrug off your tiredness as you laze by the pool with a good book, immersed in greenery and lulled by the soothing waters of the Arno.
Known as “la Casaccia”, in the 15th century it was the country manor of noble Florentine families, including the Alighieri family, and in the 1800s it became an art workshop for the Macchiaioli painters. In 2013, after meticulous refurbishment and conservation work, Ville sull’Arno became a 5-star boutique hotel, located on the banks of the Arno, very near the Old Town of Florence. The hotel belongs to the collection of the Italian hotel group Planetaria Hotels, and today it is a manifestation of the warm and sophisticated hospitality for which noble Florentine houses are famous. The hotel complex consists of three Villas, each one expressing a different period and relating the history of this locality, allowing guests to experience unique settings, according to the type of stay, and on the basis of their mood. The first edifice, La Villa, is the central part of the hotel, and its Renaissance appearance is a tribute to history. The rooms inside it are beautifully furnished with refined materials: Florentine marble, wrought iron and inlaid wood. The theme is Goethe’s travels in Italy, and foreigners’ love for the country. With its views over the garden and the pool, Il Loggiato dell’Artista has an atmosphere of neo-romantic inspiration. The rooms in this area embody the inspirations of an artist engaged in putting the finishing touches to his masterpiece: paint workshops, stretched canvases, painter’s tools, and easels for painting Florentine landscapes. Lastly, Il Villino has a more modern character and is given over to wellness and leisure. The rooms here echo the beauty of nature and the benefits of water: gorgeously furnished suites complete with jacuzzis. Il Villino also houses the SPA. All the buildings have unobstructed views of the Arno. This hotel is currently one of the most enchanting and scenic hospitality solutions, right on the banks of the River Arno.
Executive Chef: Marco Offidani
RISTORANTE FLORA & FAUNO – HOTEL VILLE SULL’ARNO
Flora & Fauno is the restaurant at the heart and soul of Ville sull’Arno. The name encapsulates its essence: it is a hymn to the Roman goddess of flowering, vineyards and fruit trees and a tribute to the Roman god of pastures, the countryside and agriculture. In this intimate restaurant, though, the real stars are the ingredients, the raw materials used that are typical of the Tuscan territory and their combinations, at times unexpected and experimental, created to surprise. At other times they are more traditional, homages to timeless flavours. The inner hall is decorated with flowers, fruit and straw hats; the atmosphere is that of by-gone days, times when man and countryside were close-knit accomplices. Outside, a secluded garden overlooks the peaceful Arno and its intimate ambience offers moments of true pleasure and lets you forget you are in a modern city.
Rooms and Equipment
- 45 rooms, including 4 Suites and 6 Junior Suites
- Flora & Fauno Restaurant – the creative chef proposes a fresh interpretation of Tuscan culinary tradition, without neglecting the classic products of typical Tuscan fare. Indoor dining in a sophisticated ambience; outdoor section with panoramic view of the Arno.
- Dante’s Bar
- Il Segreto della Villa SPA;
- Fitness Centre;
- Outdoor pool with a shape recalling those of ancient patrician villas;
- Serra d’inverno conservatory: a multi-purpose area in direct contact with nature;
- The Secret Garden: an enchanting place with native plants, herbs, flowers, sculptures and unearthed archaeological remains;
- Event Hall: Sala del Camino seating up to 50 people
– Serra d’Inverno seating up to 15 people;
- Bicycles for guests;
- Reserved parking with indoor Garage.