Why we like it
- The contrast between the elegance of the masterfully-restored 19th-century Villa, and the contemporary touch of the Interior Design. The perfect blend of styles expresses the excellence of hospitality at its loftiest levels;
- The sensation of freedom and serenity that envelops you as soon as you enter the hall and the reception: both brilliantly lit, they are housed in a glass cube positioned between the two wings of the villa, and you have the impression of being immersed in the surrounding greenery;
- Staying in one of the beautiful and spacious fourth-floor Suites, entirely redesigned in steel and glass. Here, you feel like you are suspended in the landscape of the lake. Admiring the views through the enormous windows from the luxury of a King Size Bed. Your mind is released, time seems to move at a different pace, and your spirit is recharged;
- The experience of a gourmet supper in Re della Busa Restaurant. Few other places manage to evoke such an intense atmosphere of beauty and distinctiveness;
- It is an ideal place for relaxing, fine dining, and pampering yourself with VIP treatment in the CXI Centoundici SPA.
The Art Nouveau-style villa, in all its stately splendour, stands right in front of the lake. It is immersed in green gardens and its grounds cover 12,500 square meters with splendid cedars, cypresses, yews and palm trees harking back to the style of the late 19th century, when Trentino and Riva were border lands of the Hapsburg Empire, and the district was a holiday resort for that imperial family. Opened in 1899, it immediately became a favourite haunt of European royal families. Still today, Hotel Lido Palace is an unmissable destination for all lovers of exclusive stays and, because of this, it has taken its rightful place in The Leading Hotels of the World circuit. It has always offered charm and seduction to its guests, but with a touch of extra glamour! The interiors have acquired greater comfort and a more distinctive personality through the contrast between the building’s architecture and the contemporary style of the interiors: the lines of the furnishings, the interior design, and the choice of materials project you into a unique dimension. Some prestigious elements, such as the Liberty-style mosaic floor and the imposing staircase leading to the upper floors, have been meticulously preserved. Lively and intense colours alternate with variations on neutral tones that range from slate-grey to dove-grey, both in the public areas and in the rooms and suites. Everything is suffused in the light streaming in through the immense windows, which offer stunning views of the lake, the grounds or the mountains.
The fascinating history of the Lido Palace begins in 1899, when it was built to compete with the best hotels that arose throughout Europe and to be the reference of an area destined to become the Riviera of the Habsburg Empire.
After a two years refurbishment, the Lido Palace is back on the scene since June 2011 with a new look, distinguished by elegance in an art nouveau style. In perfect harmony, the new building complements the surrounding nature with a contemporary dialogue, thanks to the play of transparencies produced by large windows and new areas that almost become one with the park and the lake.
In an environment with large windows overlooking a beautiful landscape, you will find "Tremani Bistro" and "Il Re della Busa", the two restaurants of Lido Palace.
Directed by David Cattoi, the cuisine of Lido Palace is a sublime example of how quality ingredients, combined with the expert hands of a creative chef, can surprise and delight, making simplicity something exceptional.
A long culinary tradition, innovation in tastes, an excellent selection of wines and a cuisine that is never static and mundane, are the perfect combination to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
The Tremani Bistrot warmly welcomes guests with an extraordinary and romantic view of the lake and the mountains that dominate Riva del Garda. It is the ideal place to enjoy a wide selection of tasty and light meals prepared with the finest Mediterranean ingredients, also designed to suit the pace of a working lunch. The refined service tops this exclusive offer.
The restaurant Il Re della Busa, sophisticated and high-impact, extends in an environment with an exclusive terrace overlooking the lake. Illuminated by candlelight or moonlight, in an elegant setting, Chef David Cattoi astounds with a cuisine based on fish from the sea and lake, as well as a variety of locally sourced products. A selection of wines designed to complement the gastronomic selections help create a true 5-star culinary experience.
An there's more... those who want to immerse themselves in the elegance of the Lido Palace can stop at any time of the day to have a drink at Balì Bar, located inside the historic building under a ceiling adorned with beautiful Art Nouveau stucco work.
Rooms and Equipment
All rooms at the Lido Palace are distinguished by their elegance and modern style that characterizes all areas of the hotel. Equipped with all modern comforts, they ensure five-star service thanks to the latest technologies such as climate control, satellite TV, free Wi- Fi, king- size beds, bathrooms in Corian, heated resin floor and more.
In detail, the hotel has 27 rooms Premier and Deluxe rooms, 6 Junior Suites, and on the executive, top floor, 4 Executive Junior Suites and 2 Suites: the Baldo and Apponale.
The Premier and Deluxe rooms have an area of 35 to 45 square meters, a bathroom with tub in Corian, work desk and classic wardrobe with interiors in solid wengé wood.
The 6 Junior Suites occupy a floor area of about 55 square meters with views of the lake and are equipped with all the amenities included in the Premier rooms as well as a living area with sofa and chair, and a bathroom with bath and separate Corian shower cabin.
The 4 Executive Suites include all the features offered in the Junior Suite, but with 60 square meters are more spacious. They are distinguished by their bright atmosphere and offer a unique view of the surrounding mountains and the lake.
Finally, 2 Suites named Baldo and Apponale are the premium accommodations at the hotel: Located on the top floor, the Executive floor, they are lake front and are a full 120 square meters. They are equipped with a lounge and bar area, fully equipped bathrooms with "lake view" bathtubs and a terrace that offers a unique view
- Magnificent parc of 12.500 sqare meters set within 19th-century gardens ﬁlled with fragrant cypresses, cedars and magnolia trees;
- CXI Centoundici SPA: with its 1.500 square-meter the SPA area, is able to offer the guests incredible well-being and natural rejuvenation experiences for body and mind. The CXI Centoundici Spa of Lido Palace offers guests a variety of treatments and services that involve all the senses. Through their unique style, research and continuous innovation, they are part of a tradition that has made Riva del Garda one of the favoured destinations over the years for those seeking mental and physical regeneration.
There are many alternatives: indoor and outdoor pools, spa, treatments, products and moments of well-being. A unique opportunity to try custom treatments, for individuals or couples, the heat path, the warm bath, the Mediterranean sauna, steam room and the salt area, a heated room with brick walls of rock salt, pinkish in colour, to offer new energy and balance.
The CXI Centoundici Spa, surrounded by nature in the garden and the lake, was designed to emphasize the effects of the most relaxing and rebalancing of all his treatments. Each of these has been developed within the CXI Spa, where the custom of personalized treatments promotes research and the continuous creation of new offerings, always designed with the guest's wishes in mind.
- Fitness area;
- Indoor pool;
- Outdoor pool;
- Restaurant “Il Re della Busa”:embraces haute cuisine proposal for an extraordinary gourmet experience. The atmosphere is very elegant and the design of the place is awesome. The restaurant is located on the bow of the structure shaped like a ship that points towards the lake, and it boasts an exclusive candlelit terrace;
- Tremani Bistrot : serves exceptional Mediterrannean taste receipts and healthy dishes in a natural and relaxed ambience.
- Balì Bar: the cool and colourful design of the Bali Bar makes a delightful contrast with the classical lines of the building. The Art Nouveau style of the frescoes on the ceiling is imaginatively set off by the watercolour sketches on the walls;
- Car Valet service;
- 24 hours in room service;
- Free Wi-Fi ;
- Limousine service from and to the airports;
- Meeting Rooms:
The three meeting rooms all overlooking the park of Lido Palace are the perfect place for any event, offering the best choice for business meetings. They are perfect for executive board encounters, team building, meetings and presentations for up to 50-60 people.
Wi-Fi, the latest equipment, video projectors, screens, magnetic boards and a comfortable atmosphere make the three meeting rooms at the hotel especially suitable for business meetings in a setting of nature and relaxation.