Why we like it
- Enjoying breakfast in the morning to the strains of a concert of live music in the welcoming Libreria Foyer which opens on to the vertical garden illuminated by a marvellous skylight is not only a delight for the palate; it also prepares the mind and spirit to face the day.
- The unmissable and exclusive Sky Terrace on the eighth floor is perfect for aperitifs or private parties on summer evenings, or simply for relaxing as the perfumes of the aromatic plants envelop you. From here, too, the view of the city is magnificent.
- It uses cutting-edge green technologies and is the only hotel in the city, and one of very few in Italy, with Zero Emissions. Because sustainability is the real luxury of today and tomorrow.
- We can stay in suites or junior suites, each of which is dedicated to a different lyric opera. The walls are adorned with posters from the Historical Archives of Teatro alla Scala and they depict the stage … from behind the scenes.
The Hotel, which the New York Times counts among the top 4 good reasons for visiting Milan, is located in Brera, one of the most elegant neighbourhoods in the heart of Milan, a short stroll from the most important museums and theatres and the leading shopping streets. Both the name and the “concept” of the Hotel centre on the theme of musical culture, considered one of the city’s strongpoints and distinguishing features. Hotel Milano Scala is a sophisticated boutique hotel and its every corner exudes the atmosphere of the Opera. Its hospitality is also founded on total sustainability, in both an ecological and a cultural sense: both of these aspects are actually oriented towards improving the environment in which we live and enriching our experience. The Libreria Foyer, which is situated just after the hall, is the beating heart of the hotel and, like that of a House, is welcoming and intimate.
- Milan Women’s Fashion Week.
- Milan Furniture Fair.
Rooms and Equipment
- 62 rooms including 10 suites and junior suites inspired by Operas such as Don Giovanni, Aida, and Madame Butterfly.
- La Traviata Restaurant. The concept of integrated sustainability extends to the table, too, as the chefs use locally sourced seasonal ingredients which limit the environmental impact and are in harmony with a healthier lifestyle.
- Prima Donna Bar.
- Rooftop terrace on the eighth floor overlooking the Brera district.
- Libreria Foyer, salon with themed bookshop.
- 3 meeting rooms seating up to 90 people.
- Bossi-Clerici Space. A few minutes away from the hotel, this location is perfect for the most prestigious events and can accommodate up to 300 people.
- Private SPA with the possibility of wellness treatments in the privacy of your own room, available round the clock.
- Hairdresser and Event Styling.
- Gym with Room Massage on the second floor.
- Botanical Garden on the sixth floor.
- Private garage.