Why we like it
- It is an intimate and peaceful Relais nestled into incredibly beautiful surroundings. A perfect bolthole where you can find inner harmony;
- Strolling along the lanes through the grounds brings calm and a sense of wellbeing. The scent of the rose gardens that pervades the air and the babbling water in the fountains capture your senses and seduce your soul;
- There is an indescribable pleasure in taking a dip in the pool or hydromassage tub at sunset, basking in the gorgeous landscape;
- Dining in the “Loretta all’Opéra” Restaurant is a gourmet experience and a treat for all the senses. The sophisticated atmosphere of the setting, the lighting and the background music all set the perfect tone;
- The architecture here is merely an interface between the guests and the environment so that they can live immersed in light, in nature, and in the charm of an elegant and discreet ambience, without renouncing comfort and pampered by the warm and distinguished hospitality.
A long avenue lined with vineyards and cypresses, interrupted only at the horizon by the immaculate geometry of the fenced-off area where Quarter Horses run free, accompanies you to the entrance of the little hamlet from the early 1800s that dominates the beauty of the surrounding panorama. Relais Sassa al Sole is located in San Miniato within a delightful and surreal village perched on a hilltop lying along the Arno, halfway between Florence and Pisa on the ancient Via Francigena, trodden by pilgrims from all over Europe since the Middle Ages. The origins of the city, which is famous for its prized white truffles, date from the Etruscan-Roman period. The castle was built in 962 by the emperor Otto I, and was visited by Federico Barbarossa and Pope Gregory V. Relais Sassa al Sole fits harmoniously into its milieu, which best expresses the awe-inspiring nature of this region and hints at traces of its history. An intimate Relais, settled atop a lonely knoll, it offers spectacular views, entrancing fragrances of rose gardens and soothing water features. The owner conceived it as a sanctuary: here you can enjoy a multisensory experience and a unique lifestyle. Elegance and sophisticated hospitality are the features that define the character of this Relais. Its interiors are inspired by the operas of Puccini, and its atmosphere is a daring and balanced blend of the Belle Èpoque style and the magic of Arabian influences. Every room of the Relais takes its name from a character of an opera by the Tuscan composer Giacomo Puccini and is a trip back to the 1800s: floors in parquet or porcelain tiles; light shades like the ivory and cream chosen for the walls and furnishings creating a delightful contrast with the dark tones of ebony, used in the bathrooms. Every detail is exquisite.
Executive Chef: Loretta Fanella
“Loretta all’Opéra” Gourmet Restaurant
The “Loretta all’Opéra” Restaurant harmoniously unites and balances fine dining, meticulous service, and an enchanting ambience. The menu offers the memorable classics of the local cuisine, innovatively reinterpreted to create new and tasty specialities.
“Foyer” Bistro and panoramic terrace
Beside the pool and on the gorgeous terrace, which gives on to the splendid flower gardens of the Relais, the “Foyer" Bistro offers speedy and attentive service for light lunches with traditional dishes of Italian and international cuisine in a casual and relaxed setting.
An exceedingly well-stocked cellar contributes to the prestigious gourmet menu and completes the exclusive taste experience.
Rooms and Equipment
The ageless hamlet has been converted into 3 suites, 2 junior suites and 7 superior rooms, all finely furnished and with scrupulous attention lavished on the details and high-level comfort.
- 4 Double Standard from 20 mq “Giogetta - Angelica - Tourandot - Liù”
- 3 Double Deluxe from 25 mq “ Suzuki - Lauretta - Magda”
- 2 Junior Suites Deluxe from 28 mq “Manon - Musetta”
- 1 Suite Deluxe with Idro from 27 mq “Tosca”
- 2 Suite Queen from 45 mq “Cio Cio San - Mimì”
- 1 Suite Family Deluxe from 42 mq “Tourandot e Liù Comunicanti”
-Gourmet Restaurant “Loretta all’Opéra”;
- Bistrot “Foyer” - Ai bordi della piscina e sulla bellissima terrazza panoramica, che si innalza sui giardini in fiore del relais, il Bistrot “Foyer" offre un servizio attento e veloce per degustare un pranzo leggero con piatti tipici della gastronomia italiana;
- Room service;
- Free Wi-Fi ;
- Clinical Beauty & SPA “Otium” ;
- Outdoor Swimming pool ;
- Fitness Center;
- Club House;
- Stables – a host of activities: breeding, training, dressage, classes, support for competitions (reining, pleasure, western, horsemanship);