Founded in 1968, Preferred Hotel Group is an international hospitality company with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. Its collection consists of an assortment of the best independent hotels in the world. It comprises hotels, destination resorts, city hotels, and luxury residences, divided on the basis of their characteristics into different brands: Preferred Hotels & Resorts, Preferred Boutique, Summit Hotels & Resorts, Sterling Hotels, Sterling Design and Summit Serviced Residences. The unparalleled level of service offered, the constant commitment to the quest for excellence and the innovative business solutions proposed by Preferred Hotel Group are the pillars on which the company has built and consolidated its reputation. Today, Preferred is considered to be one of the leading hospitality companies in this sector. Every hotel, from historic town hotels to exclusive beachfront resorts, is unique, a symbol of style, able to meet the requirements of the most exacting traveller. In the structures that are part of Preferred Hotel Group, guests enjoy an experience that is rewarding in itself, and they have a chance to savour the mood in some of the most esteemed localities distributed throughout the six continents. Joining the Preferred Hotel Group circuit means being in compliance with the Preferred Standards of Excellence™. Once accepted, members are subject to annual site inspections to verify the quality of the standards carried out by anonymous inspectors operating for external companies.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts: an exclusive collection of refined Hotels and Resorts in the most sought-after destinations. Impeccable service and unparalleled experiences.
- Preferred Boutique: exclusive design, intimate atmospheres. The final frontier of luxury. An inspired and exclusive collection that separates the ordinary from the extraordinary. A stay and a travel experience that transform into a work of art.
- Summit Hotels & Resorts: a range of cosmopolitan Hotels. Affordable luxury, authentic flavours of the local culture, for memorable experiences. For leisure or work travel. Personalized design and welcoming service provide a memorable image of the style, the culture and the courtesy of every destination. - Sterling Hotels: a gathering of Hotels with affordable prices, unassuming style, and friendly service. For leisure stays and work trips.
- Sterling Design: vibrant emotions and chic features. Smart details and friendly service. Hotels that are trendy with a bold character, and which offer the basic facilities and luxury services that the modern traveller expects: sensational design, beautiful architecture and audacious interiors. In the coolest destinations.
- Summit Serviced Residences: a collection of luxurious apartments with services available. An unmissable invitation to guests to linger and enjoy their stay. Also suitable for medium- to long-term stays.
- Preferred Residences: exchange programme reserved for members and Resort owners.
50 Years of Heritage
Since its foundation on 29 January 1968, the Preferred brand has led the way in independent hospitality, helping to shape and develop the space through innovative programming, global expertise, and an unwavering commitment to championing the spirit of the independent hotelier and the unique, authentic, and local character of their respective properties. In the 14 years since the Ueberroth family took ownership, the brand has accelerated its expansion by marking first-time presence in more than 30 new countries; introducing new technology, sales, and marketing support services to its growing portfolio of member hotels; launching I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the world’s first global points-based guest loyalty programme for independent hotels; and introducing a variety of other niche programmes to cater to the needs of family, LGBT, and golf travellers. Most recently, in 2015, CEO Lindsey Ueberroth demonstrated her innovative approach to keeping independent hospitality top-of-mind with today’s consumer by spearheading the company’s rebranding from Preferred Hotel Group, a multi-branded hotel platform, to Preferred Hotels & Resorts, one master brand with five global collections that provide an intuitive way for travellers to identify the hotel or resort that will meet their life and style preferences for each occasion.
Offering guests the opportunity to choose from an exclusive collection of hotels and resorts that meet the diverse characteristics of every brand and find the one closest to their requirements. Always guaranteeing the highest levels of satisfaction, independently of the brand chosen.
To individually support every one of the 650 luxury and independent hotels and resorts distributed throughout North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. To provide technological solutions, marketing and communication strategies, sales policies and a presence at trade fairs and events. To coordinate the loyalty programme service and the booking service, managing it directly through various channels. To guarantee assurances on quality, and to create purchase groups.